Welcome to the best gifts for breastfeeding moms gift guide , where we celebrate the incredible journey of motherhood and the sweet bond between mother and child.
For all the devoted and nurturing mothers out there, I carefully curated a collection of thoughtful and practical gifts that are not only designed to make breastfeeding easier and more enjoyable but also to honor the miraculous act of nourishing a little one with love and care.
Whether you’re a supportive partner, a doting grandparent, or a dear friend seeking the perfect gift, my handpicked selections are sure to delight breastfeeding moms at every step of this beautiful journey.
Most items on this list are things I personally (a three time breastfeeding mom) have used and could not do without!
You will have different options for every budget to choose from, and I promise, every item will be very useful to a nursing mom or a working mom who will need to pump often.
If you’re a mom-to-be, this gift guide serves as a fantastic resource to browse and draw inspiration from when crafting your very own baby registry.
Breast-feeding gift guide categories:
- The best gifts for breastfeeding moms. This section will contain the very basic necessities.
- Helpful gifts for moms who need to pump regularly.
- Consumables Gift Guide for new moms. Great ideas for the minimalist mama.
- Holistic Breastfeeding Gifts for the crunchy mama. Everything on this section is all natural and non-toxic.
- Unique gifts for breastfeeding moms.
- Self care gift ideas for the nursing mama. thoughtful and pampering gifts.
The best gifts for breastfeeding moms
This section right here are the non-negotionables! Every item on this list right here are essential for new breastfeeding moms. Both in the early days of breastfeeding and thorugh out the duration of her breastfeeding journey and through years to come with more babies.
Trust me, practical gifts make the best gifts!
This list of gifts would be perfect to fill a nice gift basket for a breastfeeding mama.
- It’s very important for nursing moms to stay hydrated. taking small sips of water during nursing times will be much easier with a nice water bottle that has a straw.
- Regrettably, mastitis is something that most moms who breastfeed will have to deal with at least one time. Give her a bottle of Sunflower Lecithin supplements to hopefully prevent this painful side effect of breastfeeding.
- Good quality nursing wear is a must to keep mom comfy and feeling more pulled together, especially in those early weeks postpartum. This cute jumpsuit is nursing friendly and made with 100% organic cotton.
- Nipple cream.
- Breastfeeding pillow.
- And of course a breathable nursing cover for when covering a feeding is nessdecesary.
Helpful gifts for pumping moms
- Breast Pump Bag. Give her something stylish that doesn’t look like a diaper bag to carry all the pumping essentals she will need, especially if she will be returning to work.
- Breast milk cooler. A mini cooler is perfect for transporting milk to daycare or back and forth for a family on the go.
- Organic cotton reusable nursing pads.
- Easy access clothing: nursing bra, stretchy tank tops, or nursing friendly dresses.
- Breast pump accessories cleaning kit. It is very important to keep all pump parts sanitized. This on the go cleaning kit is a great addition to have in a breast pump bag.
- A Hand pump lets mom express milk using natural suction. This haakaa pump can also be used to catch let down breast milk.
Best gifts for breastfeeding moms
Consumables Gift Guide for new moms
Some of my favorite gifts I recieced as a new mom were consumables. They make awesome gifts because they don’t add to the clutter of the house.
- This breastfeeding gift box makes a great option. Box includes: nipple cream, lactation tea, heat/cool packs, nipple cooling pads, hydration packets, nursing pads, lip balm, candle, signature Mama Affirmation card, and tips for each product from one mama to another.
- Coconut water to help her stay hydrated.
- Lip balm.
- Pay for a meal delivery service for the first month postpartum. Or organize family members and friends to take turns bringing a hot meal for the family every night for a couple of weeks. This is a thoughtful gift and the new parents will be so appreciative.
- Give the new mom a gift card. A pre-paid visa card or an amazon gift card would be great. Chances are she will be browsing online stores during some of those middle of the night feeding sessions.
- Lactation cookies or Mother’s Milk tea to boost her milk supply.
Holistic Breastfeeding Gifts for the crunchy mama
- Epsom salts for a nice relaxing soak in the tub.
- Essential oils. Some examples of good essential oils for nursing moms would be: Lavender essential oil will sooth and heal skin (like cracked nipples), tea tree essential oil is antimicrobial so it will help heal any infection like mastitis, and wild orange essential oil will cleanse the skin and the aroma will uplift her mood. All these oils can be used neat or mixed with fractionated coconut oil in a roller bottle.
- Essential oil diffuser.
- A printed copy of this breastmilk lotion recipe and all the ingredients (except the breastmilk of course!) she will need to make it. She can use this breastmilk lotion recipe as nipple cream or to treat eczema on that new baby skin.
- Magnesium supplements to help mom get enough sleep during the first few months after baby is born.
- Perfect for all those night feedings, a himalayan Glow Salt Lamp will serve as a calming night light.
Unique gifts for breastfeeding moms
- A LaVie Massager for Breastfeeding or pumping. Designed to improve milk flow. Support milk expression, and better empty the breast.
- Reminder bracelet to help her remember which breast she fed from last. This is more important than you realize! This one doubles as a hair scrunchy to keep hair out of the way while mom nurses.
- A breastfeeding necklace, sometimes called fidget nursing neckalaces made out of all natural beechwood. This is more for the baby than mom I guess, but they are meant to provide a soothing sensory experience for baby while he/she nurses.
- A personal blender she can use to quickly make herself a protein shake to sip on while she nurses.
- 10 ft. phone charging cable so that she can nurse where is most comfortable for her but still have access to a charging source. Just make sure you know which type of phone she has (iPhone/android) to ensure you get the right one.
- This Locally sourced, fresh milk sweatshirt is too stinking cute to pass up! If I have another baby I’m for sure getting one!
Self care gift ideas for the nursing mama
I don’t usually subscribe to the “self-care” movement but nursing moms often find themselves in need of some well-deserved pampering.
In this self-care gift guide for nursing moms, you will find a selection of thoughtful gifts designed to provide mom with moments of blissful indulgence.
- Give her a journaling bible that she can use to write down prayers and journal entries while studying God’s word.
- The next best thing to going to the sauna is one of these infrared sauna blankets. This is definitely a splurge but it would make a great self-care gift for a new mom.
- A lovely Nurture fragrance reminds moms to take care of themselves while caring for a little one too. Nurture is 100% natural. It contains only safe pre & postpartum ingredients.
- All natural skincare from Toups and Co. Organics.
- A nice bath robe made of natural fibers.
- She will definetly appreciate this one! A neck and back massager she can use while she’s nursing her little one.
Best gift ideas for breastfeeding moms
Any of these gifts will make a perfect gift for new mothers during any gift giving season. Baby showers, Mother’s Day, holiday season, birthday, you get the idea.
Whether you’re treating yourself or surprising a beloved nursing mom, we hope these gifts will continue to support and uplift new moms throughout this extraordinary journey.
Wishing all moms endless moments of love, happiness, and contentment on this beautiful journey of motherhood.
Related Blog Posts
- The best gifts for stay at home moms
- A minimalist baby registry
- 8 Simple toddler must haves
- An organic baby clothes guide
- Babies don’t keep poem with free printable keepsake
- Natural home remedies to treat mastitis