Needing help with gifts for stay at home moms? I have you covered with this fabulous gift guide!
Whether you’re looking for Valentine’s day, Mother’s day, a holiday gift, birthday, a special occasion, or just because mom’s had a rough week, and you want to show her how much you appreciate all she does. You’re sure to find the perfect gift for the stay at home mom in your life.
You will find a variety of gift ideas in this gift guide, from many different sources. Amazon, Etsy, Christian book store, small businesses, or even things you can do yourself. I try to support family owned or small business, and American made products as much as possible.
Even when its something you can buy on Amazon, in most cases it will either be from a small business shop or a made in the USA product.
Another thing I tried to be conscious about, is making sure most gifts on the list are made with natural fibers and/or non-toxic ingredients.
Okay let’s dive in!
- Personalized Gifts
- Cozy Gifts
- Thoughtful Gifts
- For The Plant Loving Mom
- Practical Useful Gifts For Stay At Home Moms
- Relaxation and Beauty Products
Personalized Gift Ideas
A Monogrammed Leather Tote Bag would make such a beautiful and useful gift.
This Super cute mama sweatshirt is not made with organic materials but you would be supporting a small Etsy shop owner in Texas.
This would also make a great idea for a new mom. Customize it by adding the year she became a mom.
This Woven Blanket Throw is made of sustainably sourced 100% cotton in a small family owned mill located in North Carolina. Throws like this always make a great gift idea.
Every mom needs a cozy Bamboo PJ set, this is a nice practical gift. Plus, It’s probably been a while since she’s bought herself a new pair of pj’s.
You wouldn’t think of a Silk Pillow Case as a gift idea, but all moms struggle with hair health after having babies. Silk pillow cases have the added benefit of promoting healthy hair because natural silk is made of the same protein as human hair, and it reduces split ends or the frizz you get from other materials. This pillowcase comes in a wide variety of different colors and sizes.
Nothing says cozy more than the glowing flicker of a lit candle.
Make sure you get mom a non-toxic candle she can enjoy at the end of a long day.
Canary Love Candles are handcrafted in Phoenix Arizona. I reached out to the small business owners Jena and Justin, and they were kind enough to offer the readers of Keeper of Our Home a discount code when you shop on their website.
Check out canarylovecandles.com and use code Homemaker5 for $5 off your order.
Get her an Acacia Wood Tea Box and fill it with her favorite teas.
Thoughtful Gifts To Make Mom Feel Special
These type of gifts are often something the entire family can do for not much money. It’s the little things that make someone feel loved and appreciated you know?
- Take her breakfast in bed. This is probably the easiest meal you can make for her, but would make her feel so special and loved. A glass or cup of her favorite morning drink (orange juice, coffee, tea, hot cocoa), a little bit of fruit, eggs, pancakes, or waffles, add a single fresh flower from the garden or a little bit of greenery if it’s winter. Make sure to do the clean up and dishes after she’s done.
- Plan to spend quality time with her doing something she enjoys. Sometimes just having a coffee date and talking with someone other than the rambunctious toddler is fun!
- Write her a handwritten love letter telling her everything you love and appreciate about her. It doesn’t have to be long, short and sweet will do. My husband and kids once cut out a bunch of colored hearts and wrote on each one little things they loved about me, and then hid them all around the house for me to find as I did household chores throughout the day. Mom’s love sentimental gifts like this.
- Offer to take care of the kids for an afternoon.
- Make your own homemade gift certificates or print out the Free World’s Best Mom Coupons you can find just below to save you a little bit of time.
Books Make Affordable Gift Ideas
Fun Notebooks And Planners
Checkout the Gotcha Covered Notebooks Store on Amazon. They have a plethora of beautiful and fun made in the USA notebooks and planners.
Gifts For The Plant Loving Mom
This Indoor Herb Garden Kit is perfect for starting a small herb garden on a nice sunny windowsill.
The Savvy Spade Store on Amazon also has a couple other fun kits for gardeners who have small growing spaces.
This Birth Month Flower Grow Kit is so bright and cheery! It’s one of the best gift ideas for stay at home moms. Better than getting her a bouque of fresh flowers, these would last much longer for about the same price range.
Practical Gifts For Stay At Home Moms
Sometimes the practical things make the best gifts.
As a stay at home mom, I love the type of gift that will either make my job easier in the home or will save me money in the future. Some examples would be…
- Prepay for her Amazon prime Membership.
- Hire a cleaning service for a few hours to come tackle her least favorite chores around the house.
- If you REALLY want to make her busy mom life easier you can splurge and get her a robot vacuum.
- Figure out what has been on her wishlist as far as kitchen tools and buy it for her. Has she been needing new cookware, a new blender, or how about a stand mixer?
- A good quality Carry-On Suitcase is always nice to have on hand.
- Her favorite indulgence. Does she love specialty coffees? Give her a gift card to a nice coffee shop.
- Experience gifts. What’s something she’s always wanted to do?
- Consumables. Products you know she loves and uses on a regular basis.
Relaxation And Beauty
Gifts To Help Her Relax
Adult coloring books are really popular right now. This Home Sweet Home coloring book has beautiful illustrations of homie furnished rooms and lovely outdoor spaces. Pair it with a set of coloring pencils to complete the gift.
Essential oils are the perfect gift when mom wants to treat herself to a relaxing atmosphere. dōTERRA has done the homework for you with this Spa Kit which includes four soothing essential oil blends.
An Essential Oil Diffuser is a must have when trying to create a relaxing comforting space.
Treat her to a spa day, facial, mani/pedi, or full body massage.