Christmas bible trivia questions and answers you can use as a fun game during the holiday season.
Add these Christmas Bible trivia questions to your family Christmas activities calendar and include all your family members in the fun. From the younger kids to the grandparents, everyone will be tested in their knowledge of the bible.
Use this Christmas bible quiz in your Sunday school class or vacation bible school. It is completely free for anyone to download and use for personal use. You might also want to check out the 102 questions and answers of general bible trivia.
How To Play Christmas Bible Trivia Game
- If you are playing with a large group of people separate everyone into equal number groups. For regular family game night every family member represents a player.
- Only one person will have the questions and and answer key. That person will read one question at a time out loud to the rest of the group.
- Whatever team or player gives the correct answer first gets a point.
- The team or person with the most points wins the game.
To make it more exciting have a small prize ready for the winner, especially if you’re playing with kids.
For the free printable game simply enter your email in the form below and check your email for the digital downloads.
Christmas Trivia Questions
1. Where in the bible can we read about the birth of Jesus? The real Christmas story.
In the New Testament in the books of Matthew and Luke.
2. What city was Jesus born in?
Bethlehem. The city of David.
3. What gifts did the wise men give baby Jesus?
Gold, frankincense, and Myrrh.
4. What old testament prophet prophesied about Jesus’ birth?
The prophet Isaiah
“BEHOLD, THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD AND GIVE BIRTH TO A SON, AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL” -Isaiah 7:14
5. What does the name Immanuel mean?
God with us.
6. What does the name Jesus mean?
The Lord saves.
7. Who was the mother of Jesus?
8. What was the name of the angel who appeared to Mary to tell her she would conceive baby Jesus?
The angel Gabriel.
9. Who appeared to Joseph in a dream and told him to not be afraid to take Mary as his wife?
An angel of the Lord.
10. Who was the emperor at the time of Jesus’ birth?
11. How did the wise men find Jesus?
They followed a star.
12. Who tried to kill baby Jesus?
13. What did the wise men call baby Jesus?
The king of the Jews.
14. What Old Testament prophet prophesied Jesus would be born in Bethlehem?
The prophet Micah.
“AND YOU, BETHLEHEM, IN THE LAND OF JUDAH, ARE NOT IN ANY WAY LEAST AMONG THE LEADERS OF JUDAH; FOR FROM YOU SHALL COME A RULER WHO WILL SHEPHERD MY PEOPLE ISRAEL.” -Micah 5:2
15. Why were the wise men looking for Jesus?
To worship him.
Christmas Bible Trivia Continued
16. Why did Mary and Joseph travel to Bethlehem while she was still pregnant?
To register for the census.
17. What is a manger?
It’s a feeding trough.
18. Who did an angel of the Lord appear to out in the fields the night Jesus was born?
Shepherds taking care of their flocks.
19. What sign did the angel tell the shepherds to look for?
“AND THIS WILL BE A SIGN FOR YOU: YOU WILL FIND A BABY WRAPPED IN CLOTHS AND LYING IN A MANGER.”
20. What did the heavenly host who also appeared to the shepherds say as they praised God?
“GLORY TO GOD IN THE HIGHEST AND ON EARTH PEACE AMONG MEN WITH WHOM HE IS WELL PLEASED.”
21. How many days after Jesus’ birth was he named?
Eight days after he was born, he was circumcised and named. -Luke 2:21
22. What are some other names of Jesus in the bible? (give three)
- Prince of peace
- I AM
- Lamb of God
- Son of man
- The word
- King of the Jews
- Lion of Judah
- Good shepherd
- The way the Truth and the life
- The Son of the Most High
23. True or False the bible tells us Christmas is on December 25th?
False. The bible never gives a specific date.
24. After the birth of Christ what country do they flee to for a period of time?
25. How was Jesus conceived?
Through the Holy Spirit.
26. True or False Mary and Joseph were already married when Jesus was conceived.
False. They were betrothed to each other but not fully married yet.
27. True or False the wise men and the shepherds visited Jesus at the same time.
False. The shepherds visited baby Jesus first. The wise men came to Jesus at a later time.
28. How were the wise men warned not to tell king Herod where baby Jesus was?
They were warned in a dream not to tell king Herod where baby Jesus was because he wanted to kill him.
29. How long did Joseph, Mary, and Jesus stay in Egypt?
Until the death of king Herod.
30. Where did Joseph, Mary and Jesus settle after returning to Israel from Egypt?
31. True or False the hymn Silent Night was sang on the night Jesus was born.
32. What tribe did Joseph’s family belong to?
The tribe of Judah.
33. True or False Jesus and John the baptist were cousins.
*BONUS* Favorite Christmas Season Bible Verses
“Behold the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world.” -John 1:29
The true light which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world and the world was made through him.” -John 1:9-10
“For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” -Isaiah 9:6
“A savior has been born to you, He is Christ the Lord.” -Luke 2:11
“And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen His glory, glory as of the only son from the father full of grace and truth.” -John 1:14
“For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” -John 3:16
“Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.” -Luke 2:14
“Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. -James 1:17
Don’t Forget to Print Your Free Copy of The Christmas Bible Trivia Questions and Answers
“Behold, the virgin shall be with child and give birth to a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel with means God with us.” -Matthew 1:23
“God is light, in Him there is no darkness” -1 John 1:5
“Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son and will call him Immanuel.” -Isaiah 7:14
“After coming into the house they saw the child with Mary His mother; and they fell to the ground and worshiped Him. Then, opening their treasures, they presented to Him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.” -Matthew 2:11
“For nothing will be impossible with God.” -Luke 1:37
“Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift.” -2 Corinthians 9:15
“For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” -Romans 6:23
More Christmas Blog Posts You Might Enjoy: