Looking for a simple frugal chicken dinner? This two Ingredient roasted chicken recipe will soon become a family favorite.
This frugal chicken recipe is super easy and quick to throw together, perfect for those busy weeknights.
It is kid and husband approved and although sad for me, there are never any leftovers.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
How To Make This Yummy Frugal Chicken Dinner
All you will need is an oven safe 13 by 9 roasting pan. I love, love, love my temptations baker, food doesn’t really stick to it so clean up is breeze. I’ve had mine for about 15 years.
- One whole chicken
- Two – Three tbsp of avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/4 tsp of rosemary
- 1/2 tsp of onion powder
- 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- one small bag of red potatoes, about 20 potatoes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Place whole chicken and potatoes in oven safe dish
- Drizzle oil over chicken and potatoes
- Mix the salt, garlic powder, onion powder, rosemary, and ground black pepper to make a seasoning mix, and sprinkle on chicken and potatoes
- Bake for one hour
Check to make sure it is thouroghly cooked, when Chicken reaches 165 degrees internal temperature it is done!
Skin should be crispy and the breast meat juicy.
Roasted Frugal Chicken Dinner Leftovers Ideas
With two teenage boys I NEVER have leftovers of this meal regardless of how big the chicken is! But if you are lucky enough to have leftovers here are a few other dinner ideas:
- Chicken salad sandwiches
- Shredded chicken noodle soup
- One pot sourdough skillet meal
- chicken pot pie
- Pasta chicken alfredo
- Chicken quesadillas
- Chicken enchiladas
- Cheesy shredded chicken and cauliflower casserole
- Chicken tacos
- Chicken curry
- or if you’re like me and all you have leftover is the chicken bones, make bone broth!
Other Recipes You Might Like
Easy Whole Roasted Chicken
- Oven Safe Dish
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 bag of red potaotes (about 20 potatoes)
- 2-3 tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper (to taste)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Place whole chicken and potatoes in oven safe dish
Drizzle oil all over chicken and potatoes
Sprinkle the seasoning mix all over chicken and potatoes
Bake for one hour
Internal chicken temperature should be 165 degrees.